Finally, I Finished It!

Life hasn’t left too much time to sew in recent weeks, but I did finish a couple of items. The current challenge for my art quilt group, The Rambling River Art Quilters, is called Seeing Red. We received a piece of red fabric and had to do our own interpretation of the phrase “seeing red.” My piece is called Olympic Red. While I was making it, I was watching the Olympic gymnastics. I wanted to represent the glitz and glitter of the costumes as well as the global nature of the Olympics. I pieced strips of lots of different reds and then embroidered the word “red” in many different languages across the strips. The addition of beading added a bit of the sparkle and glamor of the costumes. The whole piece is about 12″ x 16″.

While at a meeting of Bits ‘n’ Pieces Quilt Guild, the Cover our Kids coordinator said she needed some quilt tops quilted. I took this kid’s quilt home and did an easy overall quilting pattern. It was nice to get into the rhythm of quilting and finish something pretty quickly. I added the provided binding and it was done! I’m currently quilting on another one.

Both of these finished projects also contribute to my goals for the year. Seeing Red challenged me to work on my art quilting while the two charity quilts will contribute to my goal of doing some charity quilting every month.

This entry was posted in Art Quilts, Goals. Bookmark the permalink.